Friday, June 8, 2012

It's Been Longer Than A While!

It has been FAR too long since I have last posted!
Here's whats happened in the past two months:
Our sweet baby girl was born,
a new semester of school started,
I quit my job,
AND its now (supposedly) summer! 

Lets start at the bottom of the list and work our way up.

I am SO happy that it is finally summer. 
Its starting to look like the weather might get warmer and I'll be able to spend more time outside with my little Sweet Pea.
We had a crazy ridiculous storm the other day though. 
The day before, it was so warm and the wind was blowing like crazy, but it was a warm wind.
Then the next day it was so windy and cold.
We went from the high being 92 to the high being 52 just the next day.
The wind was approx. 18 MPH with gusts of 31 MPH.
When we left our house it was raining and we went through a patch of hail, then rain again.
Lets just say the weather was crazy.
Despite this bad weather, I have high hopes for summer.
It looks as though it should be getting warmer in the next couple weeks and I sure hope its right.

As for my job:
I am pleased to announce that I quit! 
I was going to quit back in November, but my boss decided that she could work with me and my school schedule so I ended up working one day a week.
I was put on "modified bed rest" because I was dilated to 3 cm at 35 weeks so I was told to stay away from work until my 6 week postpartum check up.
Hailey was born the 9th and school started the 17th.
With Hailey, School, and Work, I knew I wouldn't be able to be successful in my endeavors so I took one for the team and decided to quit my job.
I'm glad I did so because I don't know how I would have handled doing it all.

Speaking of school:
I'm halfway through right now with 6 weeks remaining.
Thank goodness.
I'm doing pretty good with my schooling right now, but its hard not having time to do things that I want to do.
I am a slave to school.
Right now I am taking 12 credits; 5 classes.
Foundation capstones, Nutrition, Pakistan, Parenting, and a Science class.
Nothing too exciting.
After this semester I will officially be done with foundation classes.
The only bad thing about that is that I have to decide what I want to major in.
During my first few semesters I took quite a few Elementary Education classes so I'm hoping that I'll decide to do something that will involve those classes.
Otherwise I'll have to start back at the beginning with no major classes and work my way up.
I think I've come to a pretty good conclusion:
I need to defer next semester.
I've been going to school for a year and a half straight..
.. Thats too long if you ask me.
If I defer a semester I wont have to go back until my next assigned track, which is Spring.
If thats the case then I have from now until April to decide.
Plus, it would be pretty great to just take that time to be a mom.

Speaking of motherhood... :)
3 days after my last post, Hailey was born :)
I had my baby shower on April the 7th and some amazing people showed up and all were so generous in helping me start a wardrobe for Hailey.
On April 9th, I went to my doctors appointment.
Dr. Cannon checked me and said, "Well you're dilated to a 5 and I feel inclined to send you over to the hospital to get you on a pitocin drip."
My heart soared :) I was SO happy to find out that I would be having my baby in a few short hours. 
We went to the hospital and the Doctor was going to break my water on his lunch, but wasnt able to because the nurse hadnt gotten my IV in yet....
Thank goodness that was the case because he still had appointments that day.
I got on the pitocin and stayed on it from about 2:00 until 5:40 pm when Dr. Cannon came to break my water.
After he broke my water I actually started to feel contractions. 
They hurt.
Bad.
I got one dose of IV medications and that was is.
I started pushing at 7:04 and 19 minutes later at 7:23 our beautiful baby girl was born.
What an amazing experience.
Hailey was born weighing in at 6 lbs 10 oz.
She then went to 6 lbs 3 oz.
She was 19.5 inches long.
Theres so much more I could tell, but probably nothing else any of you would like to hear.
Just the small things that a mother cherishes.
In the first month Hailey slept...
..... A lot..
But now as shes gotten older she is awake a lot more often in the day and only wakes me up one time every night. 
She sleeps in her bassinet and although I like cuddling with her, I know I'll be grateful for that independence later on in her life.
At her one month appointment she was 8 lbs 5 oz.
She was 21 inches long.
Hailey smiles.
All the time.
And its amazing :)
The first time she smiled on purpose was awesome!
It was 5 or 6 in the morning and I had just been awake with her about an hour before that so I was SO tired!
She was wide awake and I had her propped up against my legs.
I looked at her and I started talking and making faces.
She sat there with a little perplexed look on her face and a HUGE grin spread across her face.
It melted my heart.
Now she smiles all the time. 
She's an amazing baby.
She even smiles when she gets her diaper changed.
If I stick my tongue out at her, she'll start to stick her tongue out and play with her mouth.
Theres other little quirks about her that I just love.
Hailey has her 2 month doctor appointment on Monday. 
And her immunizations on the 14th.
I'm gonna be so sad when she gets her immunizations :( 
I had a hard time when they needed to prick her foot and take blood for the bilirubin test. 
Its so hard listening to her cry and not being able to do anything about it.

Well.... There is SO much more I could tell you, but I dont want to ramble on :)
I think I've hit the key points and I'll make sure to keep updates better than I have since she was born.

Heres a few pictures of my little family of mine :)
Hailey and I

My Beautiful Family

I Love Her

My Two Favorite People In The World

Our Family of Three

I Love Them SO Much!

1 comment:

  1. :) Loved this post. It's great to see how your little family is doing! I still need to send you a present for Hailey...

    ReplyDelete